The towbar you have selected is a Hayman Reese X Bar with Smartcode wiring.
Hayman Reese’s X Bar provides rated recovery, increased strength and improved clearance with superior style to both well body vehicles with a bumper step and cab chassis vehicles. Designed to combine function with form, the feature packed X Bar gives the serious 4WD enthusiast everything they need in a towbar.
- The centre recovery point is quick and simple to use, is suitable for single recovery straps and is rated to 8000kg
- Two-sided forged recovery points rated to 4000kg each. Easy to see and access for quick attachment in any situation
- X Bar’s heavy duty side plates are made to suit the vehicle. Designed to enable maximum clearance and superior strength
- The extended drop forged ball mount provides the correct height for standard trailer and caravan connection. The positioning allows for an ADR compliant height with most GVM upgrades
- The formed cross tube follows the vehicle’s lines, fitting with the body of the car. Thicker steel is equipped to handle the strength required for towing and recovery
Increasing technological and safety systems on vehicles are now enabling changes to occur when a vehicle is towing. Reverse park assist, blind-spot detection plus various trailer sway mitigation systems are prime examples of vehicle functions that can change if the vehicle is towing. Ensuring that these systems are correctly engaged involves more than simply the wiring and trailer ECU. Vehicles need to be programmed (coded) to allow the towbar harness and trailer ECU to be recognised and integrated into the body control system.